Sometimes quitting is a good thing

I know I'm a little late to the party here, but happy 2018!

It has been for me, thus far.

What is new in my life? Let me fill you in...

I have challenged myself to workout at least once every day for 100 days IN A ROW! NO BREAKS! And I am currently on day 22, so needless to say, I am sticking with it and I plan to finish and keep going! Working out has changed so much for me. I need way less caffeine. My quality of sleep has improved tremendously. I am down 10 pounds. I am so much more upbeat and positive. The rewards of this challenge have been astonishing so far. I'm very proud of how far I have come in this amount of time.

I have also been watching what I eat. Don't get me wrong, I still eat junk every now and then, but most days it is pretty good. I eat smaller portions and I track them on my "Lose It" app. I also track my water intake which I try to drink at least 64 ounces of water every day. That has improved a lot of things as well. In particular, my skin is clearing up. I don't succeed at drinking that much water every day, but hey... I'm only human!

I have been working at a place near where I live now for a little over two months. I am a plastic mold press operator through a temp agency and am hoping to get hired for full-time once my 90 working days are up and they have an opening. I work on the second shift from 3:45pm to midnight. It's tricky and I hate not seeing Matt during the week when he and I are both working, but the money is good and I feel good about it. Being there for over two months is a big deal for me, given that I typically feel panicky and want to run about this time in most jobs. I don't feel that way with this one though. I really love my job!

I left DBT and therapy around mid-November of last year. I wasn't really feeling it. I felt like a kid who wasn't being challenged enough in school, therefore, it was almost as if I'd act out at home just so I'd have something to talk about in group and therapy. Don't get me wrong, it is a very beneficial program, just not for me. I'm back to seeing my original therapist and I'm going to see her every week until I get past the 3-4 month hurdle in my job. It feels good to talk with her again. It's like coming home after a vacation.

I've become closer to God and my faith. Also with family. It feels good and I feel at peace.

Life isn't always this good. And it hasn't been... for a long time. But it is getting there. There are bumps in the road, but nothing can derail this train.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stigma

Just another manic... Wednesday?

Mending the heart