Why?

Why do I let you consume my life at times and enter my mind? Maybe it's because you have wronged me worse than anyone ever has in my life.

Why do I let the horrible things you say to us overwhelm me and make me feel like I could just break down and cry? Because you have not only picked a fight with me, but my husband as well.

Why do I let you get away with things that I know are not okay? Because I think you are my friend, or are you?

Why am I even giving any of you the time of day at this very moment?!


Because sometimes the negativity in this world is overwhelming. And it overwhelms me to see people post and share and tweet and whatever such harmful and negative things. How can one see only the bad in a situation? How can one only focus on the bad one may be doing? What is the good? Where is the good? I feel so often, lately, as if I am drowning in a sea of blackness with all of your negative remarks and comments. How do you hold your head above water? I do it long enough to take in a gulp of air before the negative and hateful souls come up from the black water and try to pull me back down again.

Not anymore.

I'm not the same girl I used to be. I am stronger. I am kinder. I am wiser. I am better. I am positive.

And frankly I'm sick of your negativity... so please... shut up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just another manic... Wednesday?

Stigma

Mending the heart