Depression, as of late.

Yes, that's right. I am in the darkness attempting to claw my way back out right now. Depression has reared its ugly head and taken ahold of me yet again.

I have been ignoring my therapist's schedule-planning, I haven't been meditating, I have missed several weeks of yoga, I've been eating so much junk and I haven't been working out the way I should be.

What do all of these things have in common, you may ask? Self-care. I'll say it one more time, SELF-CARE.

I spend so much of my time doing for others and being there for others, I've forgotten to look out for me.

I talk about self-care quite a bit, and it seems kind of funny that I would forget to take care of myself when I preach about it so much, however, self-care is such an important part of everyday life for everyone, and when we forget to do it, the way us people-pleasers tend to do, we lose sight of ourselves. Suddenly, my wants and needs are placed on the back burner and I am not succeeding at anything I attempt to do.

I have to put myself first for a few days. I can still do other things in the meantime, however, Jill needs to be my number one priority right now.

The moral of the story is, if you find yourself in an unhappy place in your life, take a look around... Are you people-pleasing a bit too much? Are you doing anything for you? Are you relieving the stress that enters your life? It is not selfish to take care of yourself! How on Earth are you going to be able to function when you are constantly putting others ahead of you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stigma

Just another manic... Wednesday?

Mending the heart