Back to life -- I think

Helloooo! (Mrs. Doubtfire voice) Haha!

Well, Matt and I officially live with my parents now. It has been a long week and a half, but we made it. Life has been a matter of settling and fitting in right now. I mean, come on! It's not easy living with your parents at 26 years old, with your husband! However, this is the best situation we could be in right now.

My mom and I spent most of last week packing EVERYTHING! And we have a lot of junk! So, then I finished it on Friday and Saturday. We moved everything (surprisingly quick) on Saturday thanks to our amazing families who helped us! Matt has been working 10 hour days this week, and he has a longer commute so he goes to bed really early, and because he's working/driving so much I want to get as much unpacked as humanly possible so he has less to worry about when he gets home. Then, My mom and I went to mine and Matt's apartment today and cleaned it all out (also surprisingly quick). It was EXHAUSTING!!! I got home and rested and got back to work unpacking the bathroom and organizing it. Doesn't sound too hard, right? Well, that bathroom was full of mine and my brother's old crap that we stored like pack rats and did not touch for years! RIDICULOUS! So it took about 2-3 hours to unpack and organize the bathroom. Oh and yesterday, my (AMAZING) mother and I battled with a wire rack to hang clothes on in our closet ALL DAY LONG so Matt could have more closet space. It's been holding since last night, but we are anxious about it.

(Deep breath) In other words -- I. Am. Freaking. Tired.

Seriously, My feet hurt all day and all night. I typically hit 10,000 - 12,000 steps every day right now. (which is good, but I just jumped right in and haven't had time to build up to it.) I ache in muscles I didn't even know I had!!!

Moving is a beast!

And as if we didn't have enough on our plates right now --- We are hosting a garage sale this coming Saturday. It's like we enjoy punishing ourselves! Haha! After the garage sale is finished up, some family are coming over with pizza and beer to celebrate Mom feeling better! Unfortunately, we have to miss a friend's son's first birthday, so that's a big bummer. Hopefully we can make some money though (fingers crossed)!

Life has been going well, but I have not been eating right or taking my vitamins, and my nails are suffering! I've been the same weight, if not lost because I've been working so hard. And damnit -- life is too G.D. short to not enjoy a cold beer after a long day of hard work!

On another note -- it is very difficult to teach your parents to turn off the "parenting mode" and just be a couple of roommates. Haha! I love my parents, but I don't know if Matt will be as patient as I will.

I guess we shall see!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stigma

Just another manic... Wednesday?

Mending the heart