Inner and Outer Peace.

Getting ready to move is stressful. Moving in with your parents? Possibly even more so.

I've been working on myself a lot lately. Some days I work really, incredibly hard. Other days, I stay in bed and eat pizza. Yeah.

I have been working on not only my outer well-being, but my inner well-being as well.

What do I do?
Wash my face every day, brush my teeth twice a day, workout for at least 30 minutes once a day, eat healthy, meditate (starting tonight), spend time in nature, talk to a friend/family member daily, practice positive self-talk and mantras.

It hasn't been easy coming to all of this, and some days, like I said, I don't do any of it. But when I do all of these things, I feel so amazing outside and inside, it's like I'm finally at peace with myself.

I  notice the peace coming over me lately. I'm much less angry and aggressive. I still get upset and mad, don't get me wrong. But I don't blow up at people the way I used to. Matt and I haven't had a bad fight in a while now.

It's so much easier to love him, my family, and my friends when I love myself.

And don't get me wrong. I am not 100% happy and in love with myself and who I am. I may never be at that level. But I'm better than I was 9 months ago. I think back then I was at about a 36%... Today I would rate it at a 78%.

Awesome improvement.

One thing I have learned and am still getting used to incorporating into my every day life is positive mantras. It sounds really easy... Look in the mirror and say three things you like about yourself and three things you will succeed at for the day. Not so easy when your self worth is at a 36%. I couldn't even face my own reflection. I saw myself, but I never really looked at my reflection. Now, at 78%, I love the girl looking back at me!

So, I have done something that I think everyone should do. I created a positive manifesto on my bathroom mirror (pictured below). I took my favorite pictures from some of the happiest moments of my life and hung them on my mirror, so that they frame my face when I look into it. Then, I took some lipstick and wrote these two phrases, "You are beautiful." "You deserve to be happy."

I look into the mirror every day to wash my face, do my hair, brush my teeth, when I'm washing my hands... So I have this beautiful reminder of what an awesome person I am and what I deserve. It's amazing, especially when I read it out loud.

I am challenging whoever reads this to create their own positive manifesto, and it doesn't have to be in your bathroom... where ever you will see it the most. I know I will see it the most in the bathroom, and I also like to see my smile after looking at it.
I want you to create one and leave it up for at least a week. Try to shoot for a month, or even longer if you can. But really... it is so awesome! You're going to love it, and you're going to feel better about yourself every day for reading it! GOOD LUCK!!!

Here's my positive manifesto:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stigma

Just another manic... Wednesday?

Mending the heart