Productive.

Lately I haven't been, but today I have been extremely productive! I got all of our laundry put away, went grocery shopping, bought the hubby some good beer, went to therapy with my mom, figured out what to do with my time, visited with three different friends, took the dog for a walk, took the dog for two more small walks around the house, made myself some shrimp for dinner, and have had 98 ounces of water today!

YEAH BABY! Productivity!!!

My therapist set three goals for me this week. She normally wouldn't set so many because it can be overwhelming for someone like me who feels the need to complete all of them perfectly, every single day, but she felt I could handle it right now.

The goals are as follows:
1) Volunteer for something for at least one hour once a week.
2) Move/be active/physical at least once every day (try no to let my Garmin yell at me with that God awful red bar).
and 3) Don't spend money on Groupon all week. In fact, don't even look at Groupon all week, as far as I'm concerned.

I love these goals! They may seem really simple, but they are filling up my days right now, which is what I need to be doing.

So, I applied for a volunteer job at a Humane Society and I am so excited to hear back from them! I hope it all works out.
I took the dog for a couple of walks today and surpassed my Garmin goal on my pedometer bracelet.
And I haven't looked at Groupon or spent "unnecessary" money at all today! Just groceries, and a little bit of goodies for my hubby. I actually deleted the Groupon app at therapy today. It felt -- freeing!

Groupon always seems like a good idea, and it most likely is. But for someone who spends money when she's feeling any kind of stress at all -- It's no bueno. Especially for someone who has their credit card number memorized! Ugh! I hate my good memory some times. So that may seem like something little, but for me it is a step in the right direction for getting life on track -- Even though, I feel like life has been going very well lately!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stigma

Just another manic... Wednesday?

Mending the heart