Change in Meds

My new psychiatrist changed my medications. She upped one, got rid of another (I weened off of it slowly!), and plans to up another soon. I talked to my therapist before changing my medications though, even though I had the opportunity to change them sooner. I wanted her to be aware of the changes, and also get her okay before doing it, because she knows me so well. She thought the changes were good for me and okay'd them. She also told me to start writing in my journal again so I can document my moods, my habits, sleep, or anything like that.

I've been documenting things (although I was bad at doing it this past weekend), and I've noticed a change in appetite since I haven't been on my Herbalife. My therapist and my psychiatrist want to examine my vitamins that I take from Herbalife and okay them for me.

My therapist is concerned about me limiting myself and then going into a downward spiral into the darkness when I fail or have a small slip up. I am too. But with out a strict diet, I notice that I feel free to eat anything and everything. For example, yesterday -- DISASTER in the eating department. I ate cake, ice cream, popcorn, chips, JUNK!

I don't know if I should do a calorie counter app on my phone (I know tracking is key!), stick with the Herbalife, or just try to wing it?

My psychiatrist wants me to bring in all of my Herbalife vitamins the next time I see her and she's going to look up what is right for me and what isn't. I can't wait to hear what she has to say about them and how they affect bipolar disorder.

It's just difficult because I am not your average person. Living with a mental illness means that things like caffeine, alcohol, vitamins, diets, so on and so forth affect us differently than they would someone who is living without a mental illness.

Life isn't alway easy (even for someone living without a mental illness), but it is manageable with the help of my doctors, therapist, psychiatrist, consistency with my medications, and positive self-care.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stigma

Mending the heart

Just another manic... Wednesday?