Nannying and yoga.

Life has taken and unexpected turn, lately.

I have accepted a part-time nannying job from a friend of mine, and I couldn't be more excited about it! I haven't worked with children for a little over a year and I am so looking forward to working closely with one family and building a relationship with them and her sweet children. I'm sure I will have a lot of adventures to talk about with nannying!

School is school. I am working ahead and trying to accomplish everything during the week and have nothing left to do for the weekend. I really am enjoying my classes so far and full-time is going well, for being in the second week. I am excited about a couple of research projects I have coming up where I get to choose what I research. I chose triple negative breast cancer (what my mom was diagnosed with) and EHR (electronic health records). I think they will make two pretty interesting research topics for my HIT (health information technician) degree.

Lately, my life as been all about yoga and meditation. My therapist suggested that I stick with my routines and meditation (things that calm me and reduce my stress) while I go full-time to school and while I work as well. We both believe if I stop setting aside the time to do those things for myself and my mental well-being, I may get too stressed out and take a nose-dive.

Luckily, I have not been that stressed out in over nine months. And that is exciting!

Bringing it back to yoga for a beat though... I just love it. I love the instructor at my gym, I love going on Monday mornings with my mom and on Wednesday nights with my girl friend. It's so peaceful and relaxing! I seriously would recommend yoga and/or meditation for everyone! A combination of the two is ideal, I think.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stigma

No worries!

Just another manic... Wednesday?