The struggle (for a stigma-free world) is real!

I thought you knew me.
I thought you knew us.
I thought you knew him.

I don't know who you've been talking to, or where you've been getting your information from (I'd LOVE to find out those resources), but you've got our world so screwed upside down!

He is happy. He has unhappy moments, as most people do.
You may not see his peace, but maybe that's because you are not here to witness it.

I see peace wash over him when he's holding me in his arms.
When he's hanging out with his friends.
When he's with our family.
When he's completed a hard day's work.
When he's figured out the problem.
When he accomplishes something difficult.
When he supports him.
When I support him.

In addition, you probably (please forgive any harshness or tone coming across) should read some scientific journals, and visit some RELIABLE psychology websites and educate yourself on bipolar disorder, the difference between bipolar I and II, mood swings, stabilization (and it's possibilities), the effort and work that must be put in over YEARS and YEARS, the medications needed, and how to be a support to your loved ones living with bipolar disorder as well as those who have a loved one living with bipolar disorder.
Because you clearly have one source and they do not know me, or my situation, or my accomplishments.

And just to reiterate:
He is amazing.
He is brave.
He is educated.
He is smart.
He is wise -- beyond his years.
He is not a recluse, but and introvert, and I love that about him.

He is my husband --- and we are a family.

Please, don't hate that. Embrace that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stigma

Mending the heart

Just another manic... Wednesday?