Verbal abuse

Most of my young adult to adult life so far I have been verbally abused. People don't always realize they are doing it when it happens. I've done it to some of the people in my life that I love the most, and it gets me literally nowhere.

Well, it happened tonight by someone I love, and it hurt. And I didn't even realize it when it happened. Okay, so I did, but my people-pleaser-self tried to brush it aside and move on... in other words, I tried to repress it. But someone else I love pointed it out to me and how it was verbally and mentally abusive and I realized that repressing it was literally going to get me nowhere. I would hold it in and eventually blow up at someone I love because it would bother me so much.

Not this time.

I told someone close to me that I had lost 3 pounds over the course of this last week, as of today. So 5 pounds in 2 weeks. I was thrilled! Getting on the scale lately hasn't been traumatic, but exciting for a change! A very very good change!

Everyone was proud of me, but one person said something along the lines of, "Well, I think you could lose more if you didn't eat a footlong sub."

First of all, my husband at a 9 inch sub and so did I. We split it.

Second of all, maybe you should do some more self-examination at what you're eating and as to why you aren't losing weight and I am.

Third of all, thank you for just proving you are a bitter, manipulative, pessimist, and that life is just one big pity party for you.

I'm sorry you want to bring everyone around you down, and that it makes you feel better. I'm sorry life has been that rough with you to make you feel so awful towards those you love.

I'm sorry. I am sorry. I feel sorry for you.

My life, on the other hand, it going very well and I am very happy. If that upsets you, then you were never really someone who cared.

Someday I will get away from you and I will be a better person for it. And I will be happy for it.

But you will forever be bitter and pessimistic and verbally abusive. I wish you weren't, but that is who you are.

That sucks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stigma

Just another manic... Wednesday?

Mending the heart