Feelings of inadequacy

Do you ever have those feelings that you are just not quite good enough? Or that everyone around you is successful, but you are just stuck in a rut and there's very little hope of getting out any time soon?

Stuck-in-a-rut, table for one?

Or are there more people out there feeling this way? I can't be the only one!

Well, someone that I graduated high school with started a group on Facebook for our graduating class. Fun, right? Well, actually... It is! It's really awesome to see how far everyone has come and how well they are all doing. It makes me happy to see my peers and fellow former students being successful and making their way in this world.

However, I do have some feelings of inadequacy that follow every time I visit the group page.

I'm 26 years old, living with my husband.. at my parent's house, going to school.. still, not currently working.. yet... No children. No property. No apartment. No fancy/successful job. No pets even, and I've gained weight. Life is so fun sometimes.

But you know what is fun? I'm learning how to deal with these feeling of inadequacy, every single day.

And do you want to know the best part?

Nobody is looking at you and saying "oh what a failure!" And if they are, it doesn't matter! They don't matter. People are more preoccupied with themselves and the ones they are close to to care about someone else's life that much!

And those who do look at what you're doing and actually care about you, will be happy for you!

Isn't that awesome?!

So, why are you so busy beating yourself up for not being able to measure up to a person who is living a completely different life than you, fighting completely different battles than you, and is basically all around a completely different person than you?

I don't know, but I've decided that for the battles my husband and I have been fighting, we are both doing pretty damn well for where we are at. And that makes me happy. And like I said, seeing my peers succeed? That also makes me happy.

Whoever started this group... thank you. I love catching up with people and getting in touch with some people I haven't spoken to in years! Also, thank you for teaching me a valuable lesson about self-talk, self-love, and feelings of self-worth.

CLASS OF '07, BABY!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stigma

Mending the heart

Just another manic... Wednesday?