A new chapter.

Well, it is official -- I begin online courses through Rasmussen College on Monday, July 6th for my Associate's Degree to become a Health Information Technician (HIT - So if you see me say HIT at all, you know what it means).

How do I feel about all of this happening so suddenly, you may ask?
CRAZY! I feel like it has just been a whirlwind of crazy!

I am kind of nervous, but I have done a few online courses before so I feel pretty good about the whole situation. Plus, they had us take an online introductory course for five days that basically gives you the layout of the online courses and demonstrates how to use everything and get the most out of your experiences.

Mostly though, I feel excited! I feel as though my life has meaning again and I'm working toward the bigger picture! Not that my life didn't have meaning before, but it's just difficult to not be working when you really want to, and to see your husband and family doing so much, and you feel as if you aren't doing enough.

I know, I know -- I need to stop thinking that way, but it is difficult. VERY difficult. Particularly, for a people-pleaser, such as myself.

However, I am, like I said, very excited for this new chapter in my life.

My therapist helped me to calm down a little bit and slow my roll, because I tend to get so excited about the next great thing, that I dive completely in, head-first, and lose sight of taking care of my mental health in the process. Yeah, you've probably noticed that.

She advised me to start slow and ease back into college, especially online courses for a degree I don't have much experience in or much knowledge about. So, I'm starting with two classes, which is part-time and I feel great about it. At first, I was kind of upset that she didn't want me to go full-time, because in my mind, I am so goal-focused that I forget about the beauty of the journey and the process. Once I understood where she was coming from, with added help from my mom and Matt, I felt great about going back and starting at part-time status.

I love my therapist! It's like she just knows me so well at this point, she knows what is best for me before I even do and she so good at not forcing ideas or her opinions on me, but instead allowing me to listen, take in her thoughts, and coming to the conclusion myself.

So, with Matt being full-time, finally, and being on third shift, (which has been a huge adjustment for us, but we are finally starting to fall into place, thank goodness!) I should be able to get quite a bit done during the day while he sleeps. I can also go to campus to study on days when I'm in the area, or I have the option of visiting some nearby libraries, which I find very conducive to studying.

Matt's Dad came up for a visit. He wanted to see family, as well as meet his newest grandson.

It was so wonderful to be with him and visit with him for a while. I wish it could have lasted longer, especially for Matt's sake. (Side note -- Congratulations to one of my other Mom's for getting accepted to Graduate School! You will be so successful and so great! I am beyond thrilled for you!)

And Matt's Mom is coming up on the 18th, I believe to visit and meet the new baby too. So, July has been an exciting month, and will continue to be so!

It feels so good to have rekindled the relationships that I, at some point or another, tried to let go of.

I didn't realize how much I had missed the people in my life that I had pushed away, until recently. Now, I'm listening more, shutting up more, becoming more open-minded/thoughtful/respectful towards other peoples' beliefs and opinions. It all just feels so good -- like I'm at a really good point in my life, and I'm taking the right and necessary steps to get there!

When you allow peace and love into your life and heart, it will emanate off of you as well.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stigma

Just another manic... Wednesday?

Mending the heart