Back to school!

Hey all!

I began class yesterday online through Rasmussen College. I actually really love it! I have so much time to dedicate to my class(es) that I actually put a lot more effort into it and read my text book, and have been working all night on making flashcards on 36 pages of notes on medical terminology.

PS: If anyone in the medical field ever wants to help me study, I'd welcome it with open arms!

You may be wondering why I said "class(es)" above -- I take two classes for the whole quarter. the quarter is divided into two terms and I take one class for 5.5 weeks and the other class for the remaining 5.5 weeks. Which is VERY nice! It may be more stressful in the fact that I will probably have a lot more packed into a smaller amount of time, but I feel good about it, and I feel even better starting off part-time to get back into the swing of it.

So I had my first online lecture last night. Man, school (particularly online classes) have changed a lot since I first/last took an online course. The technology and the way everything works absolutely blows my mind!

I feel like an old-timer or something -- "Back in my day, we used to have to lug all of our text books to class, out in the snow, uphill, both ways!"

But seriously though, things have changed. It is so much more manageable and I really feel like the professors, advisors, and admissions directors really want to see everyone succeed at school and graduate.

Some things have also changed in the way students speak to their professors and respond to their homework assignments/assignments in general -- So many of my peers responded to their discussion posts in just a few summarized sentences. Some used very casual terminology (ie: abbreviations, text language, words that don't exist).

I was taught to respect your professors/instructors and answer all of the questions directly using full and complete sentences. Respond how you would at a job interview -- just like how you dress for the job you want, you also need to interact/speak/use language for the job you want, even if it is a work at home job.. You will still have an interview.

Life is just different now.

I think I'll spend the remainder of my evening listing to Miranda Lambert's "Automatic" and meditating..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stigma

Just another manic... Wednesday?

Mending the heart