Life as of late...

The first week of school went well. Really well, actually. I'm still waiting on my last graded assignment, but I don't think it will be graded until later because they were due tonight, I believe. This second week looks a bit more intense, but I think I'm ready for the challenge!

Matt and I had a great weekend! On Friday, we just relaxed and stayed home and had a nice dinner of wine, meat, and cheese. We decided to keep kind of low this weekend and spend some time together, because this whole third shift thing is kicking our asses. Matt had been spending more time doing things he wanted to do for himself than spending time with me and giving me some hubby/wifey time. He acknowledged that when I brought it to his attention, and we decided to have that family time this weekend. So we did! We relaxed and enjoyed each other's company this weekend, and today we went to Karl Oskar Day's in Lindstrom and we played human foosball with some great friends! Afterwards, (since it was a trillion degrees outside) we all came over to our place and went swimming and ate delicious food prepared and brought by everyone. It was such a nice weekend.

However, it doesn't change how hard it is to say goodbye to Matt on a Sunday evening as he leaves for his job at seven (he's working ten hour days). After he left tonight, both my mom and I exchanged sad glances at one another.

I still want to help out by getting a job soon. I still carry a lot of guilt over that. I wish I could let it go, but it's more difficult to let it go when you see your husband leaving for work all the time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just another manic... Wednesday?

Stigma

Mending the heart