Judgmental.

I don't know about the rest of this world or anyone who reads this, but I am a very judgmental person. I judge others on all kinds of things. The way they drive, dress, talk, eat, what they spend their money on, do to their hair, the music they like, and so on and so forth.

I don't know exactly why I judge people, but I have a guess... 

I was raised to care about how you look on the outside. To be the best you, despite your circumstances. In other words, to care what everyone else thinks of you, and in return, to think that others care about what you think of them.

What a load of bullshit.

Ugh! I can't tell you what a waste of time it is to care what others think of you. And I can't tell you how hard it is to stop judging once you've started!

The worst part is I used to be so judgmental and then I finally began to tone it down, and then one day, Matt started acting really judgmental towards some people we were sitting by, and I couldn't believe it... My negativity was so powerful, it rubbed off on my husband and dragged him down to that level. It had spread like wild fire! 

I've gotten to the point now where I can catch myself mid-judgment and ask myself, "Why am I saying this? I don't know these people. What have they done to me to deserve my judgment?" The answer to these questions, fine ladies and gentlemen, is NOTHING!

Nobody deserves my judgments and I don't deserve anyone else's judgments.

The only one whose opinion I care about is God's.

Mark 12:31 "The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."

Makes sense, right? Easy to do, right?

No.

Sometimes people make you mad... They cut you off, yelled at you for no reason, blamed/accused you of something you had nothing to do with, lied to you, and so much more.
That doesn't warrant you to judge them, insult them, or cause them any pain in any way!

This doesn't even have to be about God, if you aren't into that.

JUST BE A GOOD PERSON!

Seriously.

(Sorry, this was kind of a rambling session.)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stigma

Just another manic... Wednesday?

Mending the heart