Just because it's Valentine's Day...

I have to do a Valentine's Day post because I am feeling the love tonight!

Ok, so first things first... I'm going to say WOW! 134 page views in one day! And the tremendous amount of love and support on my Facebook page! You are all such amazing people! Such blessings in my life and the lives of others.

You say I'm brave, but I couldn't do this without your support. So thank you for the outpouring of love!

Now, on to the sappy crap.

Since it is Valentine's Day, I have to write a post about the man who laughs with me during the day time, and holds me when the darkness sets in. My husband, Matt.

For those of you who don't know, Matt and I are high school sweethearts (gag me! It's so cheesy!). This October will mark 10 years of being together, and in August our 3rd wedding anniversary.

Matt is a quiet guy. He doesn't open up too much about his feelings and in a sense, we compliment each other that way. He is an introvert and he loves his video games and time alone. However, that is not easily done when your wife is me.

I frequently want to talk about feelings, our days, our futures... I want to analyze it and have amazing heart-to-hearts on a daily basis. However, I'm not always in the best of moods and the majority of the time, talking about my day turns into a 45 minute rant. From there, I get so upset about my day, I some times cry. After that, I tend to be upset that we have to cook dinner. And then I cross my arms, sit on the couch, and pout.

On the other hand, Matt sits patiently, adding head nods and the occasional "yes, honey, you're right" to my rant. When I start to cry he holds me and tells me I'm beautiful. When I get upset about dinner, he makes suggestions about dinner and offers to cook it. And while I'm pouting, he pours me up a glass of wine, turns on the Netflix to The Office and gives me a bit to cool down.

I used to think love was all flowers, jewelry, chocolates, "I love you more", and living like the couples in every Nicholas Sparks novel ever written.

But it's not. At least not for most of the real world, and certainly not for Matt and me.

When Matt shows me love, he is patient, understanding, and listens. When I show Matt love, I try to be calm, I let him comfort and protect me, and I try not to be so stubborn.

Our love must be taken one day at a time, what with my constant changes in mood. And I must say Matt handles it better than I think anyone on this Earth could handle it. He is always so kind to me and he rarely asks for a break from my ups and downs. He has loved me at my absolute best, as well as my absolute worst. He may not understand my worst days, but that doesn't matter. He loves me through it and his strength gives me strength to hold on for one more day (Wilson Phillips anyone?).

I just want to say thank you to my foundation, my rock, my comfort, my husband.

There really is no one else I would want to walk this life with, but you.


Ok I'm done with the sap now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stigma

Just another manic... Wednesday?

Mending the heart